Please send your resume along with the completed employment application to any of the following:
Subject: Human Resources
Florida Canyon Mine
PO Box 330
Imlay, Nevada 89418
Attention: Human Resources
Rye Patch has the following positions open at the Florida Canyon mine in Nevada.
- Maintenance Technician
- Senior Accountant
- Metallurgical Technician
- Haul Truck Operator
- Technical Services Superintendent
The successful candidate will maintain and repair a fleet of Cat 777 and 785, perform maintenance of support equipment including grader, dozer and rubber tire dozer, oil and filter replacement on all maintenance and operation equipment; perform other duties as assigned. Experience in mechanical maintenance of heavy equipment preferred. Working knowledge of electrical and hydraulic schematics required. Willingness to work in inclement weather conditions required. Ability to provide own tools required. Demonstrated ability to be self-directed, team-oriented and work with minimum supervision required Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. with our without reasonable accommodations required. Proven safety record required. Excellent attendance record required.
Responsible for preparation of general journal entries, review costs for completeness and accuracy; facilitate budgeting and forecasts, support departments as requested within the scope of accounting discipline. Review costs for accuracy and completeness; reconcile vendor balances/sub-ledgers to the general ledger; prepare bank reconciliations on a monthly basis; ensure checks issued have cleared. Compile data and prepare a variety of reports, resolve discrepancies; facilitate audits and maintain or examine associated record of government agencies, prepare and file all state and local production, property, sales/use taxes. Two (2) – Four (4) years of experience in accounting and/or accounts payable required. Must possess analytical and critical thinking ability. Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Management or other related field required. Competency in Microsoft applications including Excel and Word. Ability to be organized, efficient, analytical and attention to detail. Demonstrate ability to perform essential functions of the position required.
The successful candidate will be responsible for sample prep, bottle roll tests, column test, size distribution analysis, and routine maintenance of samplers. Demonstrate proficiency in proper forklift operation. Computer skills will be advanced to include the routine daily reporting of process solutions, periodic testing and sample labels. Ability to cross train and overlap as an assayer. Ability to follow Supervisor directions and complete work based on company guidelines for safety, environmental compliance and general work practices and procedures. Must conduct pre-shift inspections of work areas and equipment. Minimum two (2) – four (4) years’ experience as Metallurgical Technician and Assayer or two – four years previous mining experience in a similar environment required. Exemplary safety and attendance record required. Ability to lift 50 lbs with or without reasonable accommodation required. Ability to drive and walk in inclement weather conditions required. Must be able to self-start and work with little or no supervision Safe required. Cooperate with peer supervisors, management team, technical support and environmental required. Strong oral, verbal and interpersonal skills required. Ability to interact positively with multiple departments required. Must possess a current valid Driver’s license required.
Operate one or several types of Haul Trucks including Caterpillar 785B, 785C 150 Tons, and Caterpillar 777B 100 Tons. Ability to drive and maneuver equipment around designated traffic patterns. Conduct and complete pre and post-shift inspections by walking around, crawling under and climbing on haul trucks on uneven ground and using open-air stairs. Must understand, communicate, read and follow safety procedures and policies relating to mining and the operation of haul trucks and/or other mobile equipment. Ability to perform minor repair and maintenance of equipment in addition to other duties.
Florida Canyon is looking for a Technical Service Superintendent to join the Management Team. The successful candidate will report to the General Manager and responsible for safely leading, managing, prioritizing and optimizing the engineer activities at the mine site through the supervision and control of the Engineering Department.
- Establish, manage, and execute a detailed operating and capital strategy projecting out one-three-six months through Life of Mine.
- Ability to communicate the mine strategy to all internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead budget planning, forecasting, and performance as it relates to production, costs and the business.
- Lead and direct technical and feasibility studies for Life of Mine and reserves (43-101).
- Develop, prepare and manage the daily and month end reports by collaborating with departments.
- Responsible for projects impacting the site such as drainage, leach pad construction, and material characterization.
- Responsible for the communication of operational activities needed to achieve the development of the pit and leach-pad as designed.
- Anticipate projects, work plans, capital, geotechnical and permitting requirements to achieve long range plans.
- Troubleshoot and work towards solutions on performance issues in all areas of the mining process such as safety, production, process coordination, grade control, costs, and resource utilization.
- Strong ability to supervise, coach, mentor engineers, geologists and surveyors.
- Ability to anticipate and assess the need for internal and external resources and utilize in an effective and efficient manner to achieve budget.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate mine engineering activities to stakeholders both internal and external.
- Take ownership of the plan, prioritize, and forward thinking of opportunities, challenges and risks.
- Have an awareness for recognizing and then suggesting continuous improvement initiatives with an outcome of cost saving or generate revenue for the mine site.
- Sound methods and approaches to persuade, convince or influence others.
- Leadership qualities including: safety, teamwork, communication, influence, execution and business sense.
- Minimum ten (10) plus years relevant mining experience, with a mix of mine support, production and project background in an Open Pit required, Heap Leach experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mine Engineering or related field required.
- Experience with Ore Control a plus.
- Strong analytical mindset, attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills, technical writing and ability to interact with all levels of employees, management and contractors.
- Proficiency in mine engineering systems, cost management and productivity enhancements.
- Strong working experience with excel spreadsheets with ability construct formulas as needed and experience in Vulcan or other industry standard mining software.
Rye Patch provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to US federal law requirements, Rye Patch complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.